Parchment Secure Transcript
HERE’S HOW TO REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT!! Follow these directions to set up and use a Parchment account and you will be able to request that your transcript be sent electronically to the entities you choose! Please call Teresa Reetz at the Perry-Lecompton High School office at 785-597-5124 x1005, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
1. Go to Parchment.com.
2. Click Sign up.
- To sign up using a Facebook login, click Sign up with Facebook and follow the Facebook Registration information.
- If you do not want to sign up using Facebook, go to step 3.
3. Enter the following information:
- First name, last name, and date of birth.
- Select your highest level of education from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your email address and password. (If you get an error telling you that a valid password is required, make sure you enter a password that is at least 7 characters long.)
4. Check the box if you are a parent/guardian. If you are a parent/guardian, you will then enter the student's information. Go to the Parent/guardian help topic for more information on these types of accounts.
5. Click Sign up.
6. On the next screen, you will select if you'd like to share your information with colleges.
- If you opt-in, this means that we will make some of the information you provide to us available to a variety of academic institutions and programs, and then they can send you information about them.
- If you're under 18, you must check the box to confirm that you have your parents' permission to create the account.
8. Click Next.
- If you choose to share your information with colleges, you’ll be asked to enter contact and academic information.
9. If you are still in high school or have not yet completed high school, you will be presented with a pop-up window asking you which colleges you are interested in. The information you enter here and on the pop-up screen on the next page will be added to your profile in the College admissions tool area.
- If you'd don’t want to fill this in and want to send a transcript now, select Send Transcript at the top of the pop-up window.
- If you are logged in to Facebook, you will get a pop-up screen telling you that Parchment will receive information from your Facebook account, including your public profile, friend list, and email address. Click Okay, then proceed to step 1 below.
- If you are not logged in to Facebook, you will be brought to the Facebook login page, where you can enter your email address and password. You will see a pop-up screen telling you that Parchment will receive information from your Facebook account, including your public profile, friend list, and email address. Click Okay, then proceed to step 1 below.
1. The next screen will ask you if you'd like to share your information with colleges.
- If you click Yes, this means that we will make some of the information you provide to us available to a variety of colleges and programs. Then the colleges and programs can send you information about them, so you can see if they fit your college plans. If you don't want to do this, click No.
- Colleges cannot find you at Parchment unless you choose to opt in.
3. Click Let’s go!
4. If you choose to share your information with colleges, you would be asked to enter your contact and academic information. Enter this information and then click Let's go!
Congratulations! You’ve set up an account! From here, select the school or institution you would like to receive your transcript. If you're a current student, there is no fee to send your transcript electronically to any destination. If you are alumni (after July 1st of your graduating year), you will have to pay a $4.15 Parchment processing fee upfront. As your request is processed, you will receive emails informing you what stage your transcript is at in the process. You will know once the transcript is approved by Perry Lecompton High School, sent to your institution, and viewed by your institution. This feature can be found most easily under the "Track" tab on your homepage. Call Summer Skeet at the PLHS office, or email her at email@example.com with any questions! GO KAWS!