PTO and SITE Council Information
The purpose of the Parent Teacher Organization is to promote the welfare of students in the home, school and community; to bring closer relationship between the home, school and community; and to support the students and staff in their activities at Perry-Lecompton Middle School. Parents are highly encouraged to get involved with the PTO. The PTO is a valuable resource for different groups and organization with PLMS.
- The PTO will schedule and run their own meetings.
The purpose of the school Site Council is to advise the school on such matters as student learning, education programs, school improvement planning, and accreditation issues. The site council also plays an advocacy role for the school regarding the same issues. Parents are encouraged to participate in Site Council meetings. Specifically, the purpose is to:
- Provide advice and counsel to the school in developing, implementing, and evaluating school performance goals and objectives, and
- Provide ongoing support for the students and staff of the school.
- Council agendas include discussion of student learning, educational programs, school improvement planning, and accreditation issues.
- The PLMS site council will meet at least four times during the school year.
2012-2013 School Year
2011-2012 School Year