School Board Targets New Goals
The USD #343 Board of Education recently identified goals and action plans they believe are of key importance as the school district plans for the future and strives to improve. Each of the identified goals and action plans listed below help promote and support continued growth and improvement in USD #343.
I. The district will continue to be fiscally responsible in support of academic and extra-curricular programs.
- A prioritized listing of substandard sports facility replacement options including costs will be developed.
- A textbook/teaching materials purchase schedule will be developed to support the transition to common core standards.
II. The district will train students and staff on currently available technology and will continue to acquire new and innovative technology to prepare our students for 21st century careers.
- Recent PLHS graduates will be surveyed/interviewed to determine their college/career readiness.
- A plan to provide ongoing technology training for teachers will be developed.
III. The district will support the development of career pathways for both college and non-college bound students.
- The board will receive an overview of the district's career pathways and School to Career programs.
- Recommendations to enhance the district's career programs will be presented to the board.
IV. The district will promote a rigorous ACT preparation plan to achieve high level academic performances above the state ACT average.
- A comprehensive ACT preparation program will be established at PLHS.
V. The district will maintain current safety standards while exploring and implementing new ways to enhance student and staff safety.
- Adult chaperone guidelines for school-sponsored travel will be developed.
- Bus surveillance cameras will be piloted in two buses.
- Problem surveillance areas in buildings and on grounds will be identified and prioritized.